REVEAL HIS SON
Sunday Morning: January 12, 2003
Text: Galatians 1:16 "To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen [Gentiles]; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:"
Galatians 2:2 "And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain."
Acts 11:1 "And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God (Mysteries of the kingdom Luke 8:10-11)."
Acts 9:20 "And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God."
Romans 9:24-25 "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25. As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved."
Matthew 3:16-17 "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17. And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Matthew 17:5 "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."
Matthew 16:16-17 "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
Luke 10:21-24 "In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things (mysteries of the kingdom) from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
22. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth [present active] who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
23. And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see [present active] the things that ye see:
24. For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see [present active], and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear [present active], and have not heard them."
John 6:39-40 "And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth [present active] the Son, and believeth (present active) on him (Son), may have [present active, estemmeth] everlasting [agelasting] life: and I will raise him up at the last day."
1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, by whom ye (sanctified, called, saints, verse 1; brethren, verse 10) were called (they have ears to hear) unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 John 1:3 "That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ."
1 John 5:4-5 "For whatsoever is born of God (as in 1 Peter 1:3) overcometh [present active] (can be stopped) the world: and this is the victory that overcometh [aorist active] (big dot) the world, even our faith (that is not departed from).
5. Who is he that overcometh [present active] the world, but he that believeth [present active] that Jesus is the Son of God?"
Acts 8:37 "And Philip said, If thou (Ethiopian eunuch) believest [present active] with all thine heart, thou mayest (be baptized). And he answered and said, I believe [present active] that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
1 John 3:23 "And this is his commandment (single commandment), That we should believe [present active] on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love [present active] one another, as he gave us commandment (part of the same commandment)."
1 John 5:9-13 "If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10. He that believeth [present active] on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth [present active] not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth [perfect active] not the record that God gave of his Son.
11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal [agelasting, adjective] life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath [present active, esteemeth] the Son hath life (agelasting life, verse 11); and he that hath [present active, esteemeth] not the Son of God hath not life (agelasting life, verse 11).
13. These things have I written unto you that believe [present active] on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe [present active] on the name of the Son of God."
2 John 1:9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ (gospel of Christ), hath [present active, esteemeth] not God (the Father). He that abideth [present active] in the doctrine of Christ (gospel of Christ), he hath [present active, esteemeth] both the Father and the Son.”
Ephesians 4:11-13 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge [epignwsiv, exact knowledge] of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"