CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST
Text: Galatians 2:18-21 "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."
Galatians 2:18 "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor."
Philippians 3:4-10 “Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh (the law), I more:
5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7. But what things were gain to me, those (verses 5,6) I counted loss for Christ.
8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things (verses 5,6) but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things (verses 5,6), and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith (revealed after the law):
Galatians 3:23 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed."
1 Corinthians 15:17 "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."
10. That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death (the thanatos death in the garden);”
Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried (having identified with his death on the cross) with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (faith, beyond the law of Moses)."
Galatians 2:19 "For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God."
Romans 7:1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?"
Romans 7:4 "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.”
Colossians 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross (where his body was nailed);"
Hebrews 10:10 “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”
1 Corinthians 10:16 “The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?”
Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Romans 8:3-9 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the (Abba) spirit.
Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption (of a son), whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
5. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the (Abba) spirit the things of the (Abba) spirit. 6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8. So then they that are in the flesh (carnality/law) cannot please God.
9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the (Abba) spirit, if so be that the (Abba) spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the (Abba) spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
Galatians 5:18 " But if ye be led of the (Abba) Spirit (of grace), ye are not under the law."
Galatians 5:24-25 "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25. If we live in the (Abba) spirit, let us also walk in the (Abba) spirit."
Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under (dominion) the law, but under (dominion) grace."
Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey (law or grace?), his servants ye are to whom ye obey (law or grace?); whether of sin (under the dominion of the law) unto death, or of obedience (under grace) unto righteousness?"
Galatians 6:8 "For he that soweth to his flesh (the law) shall of the flesh (law) reap corruption; but he that soweth to the (Abba) spirit shall of the (Abba) spirit reap life everlasting (in the millennial kingdom of Christ)."