Sunday Morning - July 6, 1997
Text: Genesis 1:26-28 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion &ldots;
27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
1 Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples [tu>pov, type]: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."
John 20:25 "&ldots;he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print [tu>pov, type] of the nails, &ldots;"
Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure [tu>pov, type] of him that was to come."
1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."
1 Corinthians 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground [body], and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life [neshamah, spirit]; and man became a living soul [nephesh, soul, life]."
Genesis 2:18-20 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."
Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"
Psalms 13:3 "Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;"
1 Corinthians 15:3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"
2 Corinthians 5:14 "&ldots;we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:"
John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
1 Corinthians 12:13-14 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14. For the body is not one member, but many."
John 19:33-34 "But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
TOOK ONE OF HIS RIBS
34. But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water."
PURCHASED BY THE BLOOD
Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased [ACQUIRE] with his own blood." not his death!
Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."
Genesis 24:4 "But thou [Abraham's servant, a type of the Holy Spirit] shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred [a type of the body of Christ, all but the rib], and take a wife [a rib, but not all the body, a type of the bride of Christ] unto my son Isaac [a type of the second Adam, Jesus Christ]."
Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of [ejk, out of or from the - LXX] my bones, and flesh of [ejk, out of or from the - LXX] my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
Ephesians 5:25-32 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church [ejkklhsi>a, the word is made up with two words ejk meaning out of or from, and kale>w, meaning to call], and gave himself for it;
Matthew 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
Matthew 20:16 "So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Colossians 1:22-23 "In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23. If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, &ldots;"
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Philippians 2:13 "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
Hebrews 13:20-21 "Now the God of peace, &ldots;through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21. Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; &ldots;"
30. For we are members of [FROM] his body, of [ejk, out of the] his flesh, and of [ejk, out of the] his bones.
1 Corinthians 12:12 "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."
1 Corinthians 12:18 "But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him."
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
1 Corinthians 12:25 "That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another."
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."
Revelation 19:7-8 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness [righteous acts] of saints."